Is Friday night pizza night for you too?
Here’s a pizza.
That’s all I’m going to say today. Except for that even though this pizza might sound a little funky, you have to trust me that it is salty and sweet and fruity and earthy and tangy all in the right proportions. And, because the end of strawberry season is quickly approaching, you’ll need to make this pizza tonight, probably. Or at least really soon.
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (I used strawberry flavour: score!)
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- 1 tsp. sweet chili sauce
- 1 pizza crust
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 small onion, diced finely
- 1/2 cup strawberries, hulled and halved/quartered
- 3 tbsp. basil, julienned
- Cheese, amount as desired (I used a goat cheddar for mine)
- Preheat your oven to 450F.
- Combine the balsamic vinegar, strawberry jam and sweet chili sauce. This is the base of your pizza. You may not need the full amount, based on how large your crust is, so use your discretion.
- Spread the base onto your pizza crust. Top with chicken, bacon, onion, strawberries, basil and cheese.
- Bake until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melty and bubbly.