Are you ready for a round-up of all the recipes I love to make in September, when the tomatoes in my garden are ripe and the zucchini are bountiful?
The first yield of my garden this year looked a little something like this:
I am actually one of the rare people in this world who over-plant zucchini and am absolutely thrilled when I have mounds of them in my fridge. I just feel like there are so many zucchini possibilities – many of which I’ll share with you over the next week or two.
I would say that even if you don’t have mutant zucchinis growing in your garden, and even if your neighbour hasn’t stealthily dropped their excess zukes on your back doorstep in the quiet of the night, it’s worth heading to your local farmer’s market to buy a few of the green guys to make this quiche.
- 2 cups zucchini, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1 clove garlic, diced finely
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp. salt; pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350F and grease a pie pan.
- Throw everything into a bowl; stir. Pour the mixture into the pie pan and bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until the top of the quiche has browned and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.