When I’m invited to a potluck, there’s about a 73% chance that I’m going to bring these mango curry chicken wonton cups. A mouthful to say and a mouthful to eat, these are most certainly the recipe I’m asked for most often.
They’re crowd-pleasers. They’re easy to make. They feed a pretty big troupe, even after you or someone in your household has had a slightly out-of-control binge, their addictive properties taking over all rational thought and causing you to monge eight of them without breathing.
It’s been known to happen.
Make ’em! Let me know how the hungry guests at your next backyard BBQ/block party/baby shower/office potluck like ’em! Send ’em over here for the recipe, because they’ll definitely ask for it.
Mango Curry Chicken Wonton Cups
Write a review
- 1-2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp. ginger
- 1 tbsp. curry paste
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Wonton wrappers
- Preheat your oven to 325.
- Place wonton wrappers into a regular sized muffin tin, scrunching them down into the forms so they make little cup-like shapes. Bake in the oven until they begin to dry out and turn golden brown (4-5 minutes). Repeat until you have enough wonton cups to feed your crowd.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan over medium heat, saute onions, garlic and ginger in a splash of olive oil until translucent. Add chicken, curry paste, coconut milk, mango chutney and lime juice and simmer about 10 minutes, or until the mixture begins to thicken slightly.
- Taste and add salt to suit your palate.
- Cool the filling and spoon into the wonton cups shortly before serving. (if you prepare these too far in advance, the wonton cups will become soggy).
Purple House Café https://www.purplehousecafe.com/
2 comments on “Potluck Mango Curry Chicken Wonton Cups”
I just found out I need to bring a cute appetizer to a girl’s night party and I’m pretty sure this will be what I bring!
Awesome! Let me know how it goes. They are such a hit at every party I bring them to!
Comments are closed.